We offer HIPAA compliant online video counseling (in some situations) !
Many of our clinicians have received training in telemental health and may be able to provide online sessions in the event of a major weather event, injury, transportation issues, etc... We only provide online sessions to patients with whom we have an existing face-to-face treatment relationship. In most cases, online sessions are covered by insurance, including BCBS, Cigna, Aetna, Optum/United Healthcare and MedCost. However, not every plan within each insurance company covers this service. You may wish to call your plan to make sure of coverage.
Because of privacy laws, you will be required to create an online account to use this service.
Already have an account? Login Here
Don't have an account?
Please fill out the form below with your Name, Email Address and Phone Number and we will reach out to you, or simply call our office to schedule your appointment. Once we have established contact we will create your account and you will receive a confirmation email from our practice and then a followup registration email to complete the account setup. This email will come from "[email protected]" and will ask that you join your therapist's network.
The account setup must be completed before you can attend a video session.
Steps for checking into your Online Video Session:
- Login to your account using the link above. When you click the link you will be taken to our video platform site.
- NOTE: We do not utilize the scheduling feature, nor the billing feature within the video platform site. To pay for your session, please click HERE to use our website payment portal. Or if you already have a credit card on file with our office, send us an email letting us know that you would like your video sessions to be paid for with the credit card on file.
- Locate the chat feature in the bottom right corner to communicate with your therapist/med provider before beginning the session.
- When we are ready to begin press 'Start Session' to activate your microphone and camera.
- Your computer may show a message asking to allow the program to access your microphone and camera.
Are You Ready For Online Counseling?
Do you have a laptop, desktop PC or Mac which is 3 years old or newer?
Older devices may struggle to run the program properly.
Is your space equipped with a modern internet connection that is reliable?
Connecting directly to your router using an Ethernet cable for wired internet is recommended though wireless networks can work fine as well.
Have you downloaded Chrome or Firefox to your computer to use as your internet browser?
Standard browsers such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Safari on a Mac may encounter compatibility issues with the video software as those browsers are not as up to date with modern code.
Do you have access to a working webcam?
Most modern laptops have built in webcams which will work great for online counseling! If you have a desktop PC or Mac you may need to purchase and set up an external webcam.
Are you comfortable navigating computer software?
The online portal is easy to navigate and does not require any training to use. However, those who find computers to be confusing or frustrating in general may not be a good fit for online counseling.
Looking for additional assistance with Tele-Counseling?
Account Portal FAQ Index: Click Here